• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • Facilitations for family members of the UE/EAA citizens based on transposed Directive 2004/38/EC into national law.


    IMPORTANT: Rules below applies only to those family members, who accompany or join the EU/EEA citizens who move to or reside in a Member State other that of which they are nationals. The application for a visa is free of charge.


    The following persons are defined as family members of the EU/EEA citizen:

    - the spouse of EU/EEA citizen,

    - the direct descendants of EU/EEA citizen or spouse who are under the age of 21 or are dependent living in the common household of the EU citizen,

    - the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line of EU/EEA citizen or spouse living in the common household of the EU citizen.

    An applicant must present documents proving that he/she is a beneficiary of the aforementioned definition. If a person fails to provide such evidence must apply for visa under the rules of the Visa Code, see general requirements for Schengen visa.


    The list of required visa documents:

    1. Completed and registered Schengen visa application form

    2. Passport/Travel document valid for at least 3 months after returning from Schengen area, passport must have at least two empty pages for visas and must not be older than 10 years.

    3. Original of marriage certificate, birth certificate, proof of dependency (if issued by third country shall be legalized and translated into English or Polish).

    4. Proof of traveling together with the EU citizen or joining the EU citizen in Poland.



    Additional documents may be requested after the meeting.


    Legal basis:

    - Ustawa z dnia 14 lipca 2006 r. o wjeździe na terytorium Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej, pobycie oraz wyjeździe z tego terytorium obywateli państw członkowskich Unii Europejskiej i członków ich rodzin (Dz. U. z dnia 11 sierpnia 2006 r. poz. 1525) implementing Directive 2004/38/EC.

    - Ustawa z dnia 12 grudnia 2013 r. o cudzoziemcach (Dz. U. z dnia 30 grudnia 2013 r. poz. 1650 z późn. zm.).

    - Ustawa z dnia 25 czerwca 2015 r. prawo konsularne (Dz. U. z dnia 31 sierpnia 2015 r. poz. 1274).




    Print Print Share: